- This event has passed.
Sourdough Bread Workshop
May 11, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pmfrom £95
Learn how to make three impressive natural Sourdough breads
- Tutor is Klaus Kuhnke, chef and baker with almost 40 years of experience, bakery and restaurant owner
- Teaching 3 different types of 100% natural sourdough breads from ingredients to finished bread.
- Learn how to start and maintain sourdough starter
- Participants will receive all recipes and instructions plus a loaf of white sourdough or focaccia to take home
- Lunch will be tasting sample breads with a selection of charcuterie, cheeses and a bowl of hummus
- Take home kits available to purchase – including proving baskets and Sourdough starter
- Everything provided including refreshments
- Day guest and residential tickets available
- Complimentary car ferry ticket with residential tickets (sailing times STA)
Why not treat a friend to a gift voucher?
4 to 5 hr work shop starting at 10:00
Between 4 and 8 participants
Start at 10:00 with a short introduction, get the 3 doughs going with in between explanations of how to start and maintain sourdough starter. Lunch break around noon tasting sample breads with a selection of charcuterie, cheeses and a bowl of hummus. Continue with bread, shaping, proving, baking it. Finishing with the shaping of the white sourdough.
Participants should wear casual clothing that they don’t mind getting a bit floury.