- This event has passed.
Knickers to the weekend!
November 10 @ 2:30 pm - November 13 @ 11:00 am£275
A basic lingerie masterclass with Rachel Kenyon. Skill level – some experience of sewing and ability with a sewing machine will be necessary for this workshop
Rachel Kenyon of renowned lingerie company Buttress & Snatch has worked in the UK lingerie and swimwear business since 1999 and has made every kind of fantastical as well as practical creation in that time. She has had extensive experience since starting out making the original lingerie for Agent Provocateur, Paul Smith, FrostFrench and swimwear for Luella Bartley amoungst others before starting her own cult UK indie brand Buttress and Snatch in 2002. B&S went on to make fancy and fantastical things for famous behinds including Madonna, Isabella Blow and Kate moss as well as stocking major department stores and boutiques around the world. Rachel shifted the brand from external factory production to artisanal workshop production in 2010 in order to make a more exciting size and style range available direct to the customer and now runs a new tailored lingerie label Queen of the Clover as well as B&S from her Studio in an old Turkish Delight factory in Hackney London. She now specialises in Custom work for larger sizes as well as luxury, bridal and honeymoon trousseau.
Rachel is an intensive lingerie mastermind with a vast collection of hard to come by specialist trims and components and delights in sharing the knowledge, she has run workshops with Clothkits, Wayne Hemmingway’s Vintage festival at Goodwood and at the Fashion and Textiles museum in London.
The basic lingerie workshop will be to construct of an underwired or a soft bra and matching knickers in your size.
The course will include:
* acquaintance with basic lingerie techniques
* basic overview of lingerie fabrics and components and where to source them
* cutting lingerie from a pattern
* how to make basic pattern changes
* attaching a metered elastic edge
* constructing and attaching underwires and casing
* constructing and attaching adjustable bra straps
* attaching a bra back fastening
* making and attaching satin ribbon bows
Included will be all the high quality materials needed for the course as well as opportunity to procure more hard to find lingerie fabrics and components
- you will be able to take a copy of your pattern home for future projects
- You will be more than welcome to bring your own sewing machine and equipment with you.
- You will need to give your bra size and dress size when booking the course * please note that the basic bra pattern construction used for the course will accommodate most sizes up to F cup.
Weekend Workshop fees – 3 people sharing a Tiny Home, £275 per person / 2 people sharing a Tiny Home £375 per person Over 18’s only
What is included;
3 nights stay in a Tiny Home 10th – 13th November 2017
2 full day workshops (10am – 6pm) on Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th) in our Studio, with log burner and daylight lighting!
Simple but good breakfast supplies in your Tiny Home
Refreshments and a light lunch on the workshop days
A second date for this great workshop for 2018 has now been listed here